Scaffolding Trailer Hire: 24ft (7m) 5t – 16t
We have a selection of single and tandem axle scaffolding trailers available. They can be either framed or flatbed depending on customer requirements. Ramps can be fitted on some of the larger trailers, making them capable of moving equipment such as drilling rigs or excavators safely around site.
Scaffolding Trailer Selection:
- Check the towing vehicle’s “Gross Vehicle Weight” capacity before selecting a trailer. It will be on a plate in the cab. This is the maximum combined weight of the trailer, load and towing vehicle and must never be exceeded.
- Check that the braking systems are compatible between the towing vehicle and the trailer.
- Additional training WILL be required if you only have a licence for the towing vehicle.
- CPCS ‘competancy’ cards may not cover the towing of a scaffolding trailer at all. Check with your training provider or call our office for more inforation.
Scaffolding Trailer Safety:
To prevent runaway, our scaffold trailers can be fitted with an ‘Emergency Breakaway Cable’ where, if a trailer becomes detached from the tractor a sacrificial cable applies the trailer parking brake and stops the trailer safely. NEVER use a so called “safety”cable which:
- Doesn’t directly apply the parking brake and,
- Won’t snap; this can cause rearwards overturning of the towing vehicle and is very dangerous.